What exactly is a startup incubator or an incubation center?
Incubation Center provides a holistic ecosystem for startups for their growth towards a successful and independent venture. The Center incubates the startups, provides mentorship and guidance, and a list of benefits thereby helping them to grow.
Is IGNITE Incubator recognized by any Govt. department?
Yes, the center is supported and recognized by
● Government of Gujarat under Startup/Innovation Policy by Government of Gujarat
● Student Startup And Innovation Policy (SSIP) by Government of Gujarat
● Startup India
● Gujarat Corporate Social Responsibility Authority (GCSRA)
What does IGNITE Incubator provide?
The various benefits are:
● Access to the lab facilities
● Technology mentorship from domain experts
● Coworking facility located centrally in Silver Oak campus
● Safe secure location in an academic ecosystem
● High-end technology infrastructure and facilities
● Availability of student interns
● Support for marketing & outreach
● Silver Oak Campus facilities e.g. mess, cafeteria, library, etc.
What are the major areas for Incubation in your Center?
● Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
● Data Science & Big Data
● Mobile Computing & IoT
● Green Technology and Clean Technology
● IT service-based technology
● Wireless Technologies
● Cyber Security
● Computational Biology
● Digital Humanities & Social Science
● Robotics and Drone Technology
Is there a timeline to apply for incubation?
You can apply round the year.
I have an idea, can I approach the Incubation Center?
You can approach the Incubation Center for mentoring and feedback.
I am a student, but want to start a startup. Can I do it?
Yes you can
Can I convert my research into a startup?
I have an idea, should I form a Company?
The decision of formation of the Company depends completely on the founder/co-founders. It is advisable not to form a Company only on the basis of an idea. However, we advise requesting an appointment with us to discuss your idea.
Can the Incubation Center help me in forming a Company?
Yes, we can connect you with the concerning entity, who can guide you about Company formation in detail.
I am not from Silver Oak University, but have a company. Can I get incubated at IGNITE?
Yes, Incubation Center is open for external Startups.
Do you offer loans to startups?
I am a student and lack financial support. Can IGNITE fund me to pursue my entrepreneurial career?
Currently, IGNITE provides student startups with seed-funding and pre-incubation support.
What are the steps to get incubated?
Submit your application online at: https://bit.ly/incubation-form-ignite
You will be called for presentation and discussion and based on feedback by the selection committee you will be incubated.
What is expected in the presentation for the incubation?
Following are the guidelines that the startups are expected to follow for preparing their presentation or Elevator pitch.
● The presentation should have minimum 8 slides and maximum 10 slides, (as described below)
● A 60-second elevator pitch explaining completely about the idea/business, (maximum 300 characters)
● You will be given 5 minutes to explain the entire presentation.
Here's how the startups should create the presentation slides:
● Name of the company with logo
● About the company with details of the team (photo in same background, name & designation)
● What problem do you focus upon or are trying to solve?
● How big is the problem and how many people are affected by it? (Statistical data)
● What are solutions created by you and presently which solution you are focusing upon?
● Work done till now and output achieved
● Complete market scenario with market validation. How much percentage of the market are you going to access?
● How many jobs would your company create in how much time? Who will benefit from it?
● Future scope and targeted projection for 1-year, 3-years, 5-years?
● Thank you! & Contact Us.
I don’t want to incorporate a Pvt ltd company. Can I still get incubated with a Proprietorship or LLP?
Yes, we accept startups for incubation if the company is Pvt Ltd or LLP. In case, your company isn’t incorporated, we will have you get in touch with our impaneled consultant.
I want to develop a prototype for my idea. Can I get hardware/lab support for it?
IGNITE has functioning labs equipped with the high-end latest hardware and software. Prototypes can be developed here.
I have an office space and don’t want to use the Incubation Center’s facilities. Can I still get incubated?
To leverage the Incubation Center facilities & benefits you have to incubate. In such cases, you can discuss the matter with the Incubation Center.
Can I get student interns from the institute for my startup?
Yes you can. And we encourage such collaborations.
We've already raised funding. Can we still apply?
We don't really need the money. Does it still make sense to apply?
Incubation Center is not only meant for providing funding. Financial support is one of the benefits.
Do you only fund startups that write software?
No, we are open to any startup in our thrust areas.
What is co-working?
Co-working is a style of working that involves sharing a workspace with other professionals or individuals. Co-working spaces offer a collaborative and productive environment where people can work, network, and socialize.
What are the benefits of co-working?
The benefits of co-working include access to a professional workspace, networking opportunities, increased productivity, flexibility, and cost savings. Co-working spaces provide a creative and collaborative atmosphere that encourages growth and development.
Who can use co-working spaces?
Co-working spaces are available to anyone who needs a professional workspace. They are particularly popular among entrepreneurs, freelancers, remote workers, and small business owners.
What types of co-working spaces are available?
we have three type of co-working space
1: Individual Desk
2: 3 People Cabin
3: 5 People Cabin
What amenities can I expect in a co-working space?
We offer up unrivaled world class facilities at our coworking space in Gota, Ahmedabad. Our amenities include the following – High Speed Internet ; Lounge / Chill-out Area ; CCTV Cameras ; Heating ; Event Space For Rent ; Air Conditioning ; Meeting Rooms ; Conference Rooms ; Kitchen ; Caféteria ; Printer, Scanner & Photocopy Services ; Personal Lockers ; Makerspace ; Mentorship Programmes Free Drinking Water ; Snacks Available for Purchase ; Ergonomic Chairs ; 3D Printer ;
Can I bring outside food?
Yes, Yes of course! We prioritise your comfort at our offices, and would want you to feel right at home at Connekt. You may bring your own food and beverages, and also get food delivered to our offices. We also have an in-house café set up to serve you with delicious food whenever you want!
Can I leave my laptop at my desk? Do you have CCTVs?
Yes, our members can leave their belongings at our offices – we’ve got lockers for each one of them. Yes, our security is top-notch, and we’ve got CCTV cameras spanning the entire floor.
What are the timings of the workspace?.
We are happy to Inform you that our Space is open by 24/7.
Can I receive mails and courier packages?
Yes, all our coworking members can receive their mail and couriers at our office coworking space. IGNITE are encouraged to use Connekt’s address as their own business address